Basic Otah Mix:
- 30g shallots
- 4 pcs candlenuts (ground finely w mill)
- 1 stalk chopped lemon grass (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (remove stem)
- 3pcs fresh chilli (deseeded)
- 150g Toman Fish
- 1 tbsp coconut cream (not milk)
- 1/2 egg white
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Corriander powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Use a potato peeler and slice a few slivers of cucumber. Alternatively, slice cucumber rounds. Soak them in lightly salted water overnight to keep them crunchy yet pliable and to remove any bitterness.
- Place all the ingredients for the basic otah mix in the blender and grind till paste.
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Line silicone mold with otah paste and drop in a ball of frozen mozzarella cheese. Freezing the mozzarella before you bake them will ensure that they don’t dry out before the otah paste is cooked. Then cover up the mozzarella with another layer of otah paste.
- Pop into oven for 10 mins, take out, flip the balls over and pop them back in under the broiler for about 5-10 mins just to brown the top a little.
- Take the mold out and pop them out, plate them on the cucumber slivers and top with a bit of kimchi.