- 100g-150g scallops (4-6 scallops), each sliced into quarters
- 2 imitation crab stick, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp furikake
- 2 tbsp kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 mentaiko pod
- 2 cups short grain rice (cooked)
- 1 umeboshi, pitted
- Dashi stock (optional)
- Cook rice as instructed, replacing half of the cooking liquid with dashi stock (if using).
- Once cooked, while rice is hot, fold in minced umeboshi.
- Make the cream topping: peel the mentaiko, combine with the other liquid ingredients.
- Spoon the rice into a baking dish. Layer on the furikake first, followed by the seafood, then the cream topping.
- Into the oven at 230C for 10 minutes in the second from top rack, until top gets brown with slight char and scallops are cooked through.
- Once done, serve and enjoy your seafood baked rice!