Tiktok Wrap Sushi Tortilla Hack
If you’ve ever eaten a tortilla in your life then you know how deliciously messy it can get. Say no more. With the smart wrap hack making its rounds on the Internet, you must have seen all kinds of food that benefit from this clean trick. Sushi tortilla is one of them.
In case you live under a rock, this hack is simply making a cut from the middle of the tortilla down to one side, filling the quadrants with your desired toppings, and folding the wrap into a tight square that you can enjoy as is or grilled.
The viral TikTok tortilla trend now comes with a twist for your Asian palette. Combining the classic sushi with the nori substituting for the tortilla wrap and voila! You have your sushi tortilla without all the fuss.
- 4 sheets of sushi nori
- 2 tbsp Kewpie Japanse mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- Sesame oil
- Smoked salmon slabs
- Romaine lettuce
- Bean sprouts
- Thinly sliced cucumbers
- Thinly sliced avocados
Making the sushi rice:
- To begin, season your cooked sushi rice with sesame oil and furikake. Mix thoroughly.
Making the sauce:
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha in a bowl until blended. Adding sugar and salt is optional. Set aside. (If you want to savor an authentic Asian taste, be sure to use the Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise. The main difference with its American counterparts is it’s made of egg yolks and not whole eggs along with rice or apple vinegar without the salt and sugar.)
- First, place the sushi nori sheet on a clean work surface. Make sure the rough side is facing up. (Make sure to use the sushi nori variant and not the seasoned nori for it will break easier)
- Using a pair of clean kitchen scissors, cut the seaweed sheet vertically halfway. You should have four distinct square sections.
- Brush some of your sauce on the lower squares.
- Add ¼ cup of cooked sushi rice to the adjacent square.
- The next section is reserved for your cooked salmon slabs. Either salmon or tuna slabs work best.
- Finally, on the last square, you can place your vegetables: lettuce, cucumber, and sprouts.
How to Fold:
- To enjoy your strategically placed sushi tortilla, fold from the bottom corner over to the adjacent square. Keep folding until you get the whole package. Don’t attempt to cut it as you’ll only create a mess. Just grab it with your hands. Enjoy your mess-free sushi tortilla!